The Bruce Trail, Lion's Head public beach, marina, and boat launch are one block east.
Lion's Head is centrally located on the Bruce Peninsula with easy access to Tobermory, Wiarton, Sauble Beach, and Bruce Peninsula National Park.
1. Walking Tour of Lion's Head. (1-4 hours) - leave from Lionheart visit the beach, the marina, the Light House, the cave, the little
waterfall and dine at Marydale's, Rachel's or the Lion's Head Inn.
2. Hike to the Lion's Head Lookout (2-5 hours) - Leave from
Lionheart or Drive to Moore Street side trail
take the Moore street side trail to the Main Bruce Trail and see
the "Pot Holes" and walk along the top of the Niagara Escarpment
with views out over Georgian Bay, to the Lookout. Extend the hike to McKay's Harbour and see the "Erratic" stones
scattered along the beach.
3. Sunset Boat Ride on Isthmus Bay-walk to the marina from
Lionheart - Convince your hosts (and it won't be difficult) to take you out to
see the features along the Lion's Head Promontory: Twin Rock, the
Horses A...(back side), the Eagles Nest, The jumping rock, The Two
Sisters (Ancient Cedars), and the "Real" Lion's Head. You may
even see climbers on the rocks.
3b. Kayak Georgian Bay-walk from Lionheart to the beach (pulling
the kayaks) - Your hosts have two kayaks, and others can be rented locally.
This activity is very weather dependent and only for those
comfortable on small crafts in big water.
4. Swim at Sandy Beach (10 km) - Drive to Black Creek Provincial Park off Myles Bay Road, find
parking lot and change rooms, views to the south west.
5. Watch the Sunset over Lake Huron and Lyle Island (12 km) - Drive to the end of the Spry Road, get out of the car with your
camera, and start taking pictures.
6. Fishing off the pier at Stokes Bay (12 km) - Try angling off the Government Dock at Stokes Bay. No luck? Drive
down the road to the Tamarac Causeway.
7. Explore Greig's Scenic Caves (15 km) - Drive south on Bruce County Road 9 to the Scenic Cave Road.
Admission charged. If you still have some energy, go to the parking lot at the end of
the Scenic Cave Road and Hike the Bruce Trail/Pease Side Trail
Loop (2-3 hours).
8. Canoeing on Miller Lake (20km) - Rent Canoes at Millers Family Camp.
9. Visit St. Margarets Church and the Devils Monument. (the
heaven and hell tour) (25km) - St Margarets is a little Stone church in the Community of Cape
Chin on the Forty Hills Road. Continue north and turn right on to the Cape
Chin North Road. From the Parking Lot on Borchardt Drive it is just a short walk to the Devil's Monument (a land
locked sea stack, similar to the more famous "flower pots"). Be
sure to hike to the shore and see the natural springs at the base
of the Escarpment. Great place for a picnic lunch along the rocky
10. Cabot Head Lighthouse (50 km, maybe not quite but it sure seems
like it) - Scenic drive through Dyers Bay. Don't miss the short walk to
Wingfield Basin when you are at the lighthouse.
11. Bruce Peninsula National Park-Cyprus Lake Road (50 km) - You
will need to allow 2-3 hours minimum.
There is a nominal fee to enter the park. take one of the trails
to Georgian Bay and see the "most visited and beautiful" km. of
Bruce Trail, this section includes the "grotto" a cave at the
waters edge with an underwater opening to Georgian Bay.
12. Tobermory - At the tip of the Peninsula (its not the end of the
world, but you can see it from there) 50km
lots of little shops (visit Golden Gallery, and tell them Doug and
Marlene Hill sent you. it won't get you any deals but guaranteed
to be an ice breaker)
plenty of activities to do in Tobermory: a. Glass Bottom Boat
Rides to Flower Pot Island (Tell them Doug and Marlene Hill sent
you, and they'll say, Who?) b. canoe and kayak rentals, bike
rentals, adventure park, National Park Visitors Center, Fish and
13. Swim at Sauble Beach. (50 km) - A world class beach within a one hour drive. take the west Road
to the Sauble Falls Parkway. Sauble has great sand and water and
lots of things (activities for kids) to do.
Title text information
This is an excellent place for you to add a paragraph and let your visitors know more about you and your services. Easily edit by go to tab pages and content and click edit.
LIONHEART GUESTHOUSE AND B&B
BOX 167-87 MAIN STREET
LION'S HEAD, ON CANADA